SHAHRAZEN Hj Md Said has turned down an offer from Indonesia Super League side Persiba Balikpapan.
The DPMM FC striker said he refused since he felt he was not ready for a move and was looking to take some time off football.
"I need a rest. I did not think I was ready since it has just been a month since DPMM FC were told that they cannot play in the Singapore League (S-League)," said Shahrazen when met by The Brunei Times yesterday.
"An agent in Singapore told me Persiba were interested last month. They offered me US$3000 but I am not sure about the other terms of the contract such as accommodation and things like that. In terms of experience and exposure, I am definitely ready for the move .
"I thought it over for a week and then I said no. I don't know if I will regret it or not, that is a question that I cannot answer now," added the 24-year-old who has been courted by Malaysian giants Selangor and Pahang in the past.
He added that DPMM FC goalkeeper Wardun Yussof and midfielder Azwan Salleh were also offered a move to Persiba but both refused.
Shahrazen said he also refused offers from local teams such as Majra FC and his former team, AH United, to play with them.
When quizzed further as to why he has not moved to greener pastures, it seemed that the hitman had other concerns at heart.
"Malaysian teams have approached me when DPMM FC were still in the Malaysian League, but I just didn't want to move because my fans might think of me as a traitor," he said with a smile.
DPMM FC's top scorer in their debut Singapore League (S-League) campaign with nine goals, he won Bruneians' hearts when he finished the 2006/2007 Malaysian Super League (MSL) season as the league's top scorer, tied with Perak's Keita Mandjou on 21 goals.
But Brunei's only professional club are now without a league to call their own after the International Federation of Association Football (Fifa) disallowed them to continue playing in the S-League last month.
The reigning Singapore League Cup champions, DPMM FC were left high and dry because of the Fifa's decision to suspend the Football Association of Brunei Darussalam (Bafa) during its Executive Committee meeting on Sept 27, a ruling which meant that all Brunei clubs and teams could no longer play international football.
Many of DPMM FC players are now playing with DSTGroup Brunei Premier League I and II sides - but with the understanding that they will return if the ban is lifted.
"If DPMM FC cannot play again next year, then I might think about moving," said Shahrazen. "It is a shame though since I think we should have been allowed to finish the S-League season. I think it hurt the club's reputation, and for the players, it was a lot of hard work wasted. I hope that the authorities can resolve the matter soon so we can re-join the league next season."
2 days ago