14 June 2014

MS ABDB gun down LLRC FT

Saturday, June 14, 2014
THE Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council (MS ABDB) thrashed Liang Lumut Recreational Club (LLRC) FT 6-2 in their DST Super League clash last night.
MS ABDB have now accumulated 31 points in 14 matches to sit three points behind league leaders Indera SC, who boast two games in hand.
LLRC FT remain in fifth on the table with 20 points.
It was a one sided match from the start with MS ABDB playing in LLRC FT’s half.
Their dominance however did not translate into goals as they found themselves down 2-1 at half-time at the Balapan Track and Field of the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas.
LLRC FT scored the opener after a series of passes in the box finally ended up at the foot of Hakeem Keri, who slid the ball in to the bottom left corner in the 27th minute.
LLRC FT goalkeeper Md Fakhrul Amin Sanif picked up a red card in the 31st minute following a dangerous tackle in the penalty box on MS ABDB’s Mohd Nazirul Hazim Hj Mahadin.
MS ABDB’s Suhaimi Hj Md Yussof stepped up to the spot to equalise the score at 1-1 with a simple shot to the right hand corner.
LLRC FT’s Ak Md Haffiz Pg Suhadi managed to restore his team’s lead after receiving a perfectly timed through ball before knocking it into the back of the net seconds before the half-time whistle.
The match became more lopsided with MS ABDB taking full advantage of their extra man on the field.
They eventually equalised through Mohd Mazazizi Mazlan, who was on the receiving end of a deflection off LLRC FT’s goalkeeper before pelting his attempt past him in the 60th minute.
Mazazizi helped his team take their first lead of the match after sending in a low cross into the box to Mohd Khairuddin Abd Kadir, who finished it off with a slight tap in the 65th minute.
MS ABDB’s Mohd Fadhli Hj Awg Salleh went on to assist an unmarked Mazazizi with his second goal of the night by sending in another low cross past the keeper before it was tapped in during the 70th minute.
The barrage of goals didn’t stop there as Mohd Safari Wahit tried his luck from 30m out with a screamer to further their lead to 5-2 in the 85th minute.
Khairuddin finished off the game with one last goal after finding an opening in the 89th minute.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment