13 September 2015

DPMM FC go 4 points clear at top of S-League

Sunday, September 13, 2015

DPMM FC moved four points clear at the top of the Singapore League after a 2-0 victory over Harimau Muda (Malaysia national Under-22 football team) last night.
The duo of Maududi Hilmi Kasmi and Paulo Sergio found the back of the net in either half to seal all three points at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas.
The Brunei side are now on 35 points from 18 games followed by Albirex Niigata (S) FC in second place heading into the final third of the season.
DPMM FC almost opened the scoring in the fourth minute with Rosmin Hj Md Kamis getting at the end of a Paulo Sergio freekick from the left but the ball went over.
They got another chance from a set piece five minutes later with Sergio delivering for Boris Raspudic at the far post but the Bosnian couldn’t get a touch to it.
Harimau Muda skipper Nazirul Hashim attempted a 30-yard freekick at goal in the 16th minute but his attempt floated over.
The visitors were on target in the 28th minute but the header off a corner went straight to DPMM FC goalkeeper Wardun Yussof.
DPMM FC broke the deadlock in the 31st minute after Azwan Salleh delivered the ball into the box for Sergio, who took a quick one touch pass to send Maududi through on goal to slot it home.
The hosts got a similar attempt four minutes later but Azwan couldn’t get the right touch at the far post.
Harimau Muda were on target again in the 39th minute with Ashmawi Yakin driving a low shot from just inside the box but was saved by Wardun.
At the other end, Sergio fired at goal from inside the box was denied by Harimau Muda custodian Ramdhan Hamid.
DPMM FC had back-to-back chances to add to the tally in first half stoppage time.
Ramdhan fumbled an Azwan freekick but none of the players reacted quickly enough to pounce on the rebound and Rafael Ramazotti just missed the bottom of far post with a shot on his right foot to sum up the opening half.
DPMM FC had a chance to double their lead just three minutes after the interval but Ramdhan kept out Sergio’s attempt from the edge of the box.
Harimau Muda picked up their game and pressed their opponents to gain more ball possession.
They should have equalised in the 59th minute after Ridzuan Abdunloh Pula broke through on the left and Wardun came off his line to close down the shot.
The ball went across the face of goal but Akhir Bahari only managed to find the side netting of an open goal at the far post.
Another opportunity came begging for Harimau Muda in the 67th minute with Ridzuan putting a cross into the box but Akhir couldn’t keep his header on target.
DPMM FC doubled their lead in the 73rd minute with Sergio whipping in a freekick from 25 yards out that beat everyone.
The Portuguese forward delivered another dangerous deadball from the left six minutes later and was chested down by Ramazotti but blasted over.
Harimau Muda continued to press forward but never really threatened in front of goal to see the league leaders claim maximum points.
Top of the table clash is next for the Brunei side as they face off against Albirex at the Jalan Besar Stadium in Singapore on Wednesday.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment