20 August 2016

DPMM FC beat Warriors

DPMM FC picked up a resounding 3-0 victory over the free-falling Warriors FC to move back up to third in the Singapore League (S-League) last night.
The hosts grabbed the lead after an own goal by Warriors skipper Zulfadli Zainal Abidin in the opening half at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas.
Rafael Ramazotti doubled the advantage after the break before Paulo Sergio put the icing on the cake late into added time.
DPMM FC are now on 29 points, just one point ahead of fourth place Hougang United FC - who have a game in hand.
In contrast, the Warriors have now lost seven straight in all competitions — three in the S-League — to sit seventh on 18 points with only five games left.
The night’s other game saw Albirex Niigata (S) FC open up a four-point gap at the top of the nine-team standings after edging Balestier Khalsa FC 1-0 thanks to a 14th minute Rui Kumada goal at the Jalan Besar Stadium in Singapore.
DPMM FC coach Steve Kean credited his charges for a job well done — especially in the first half.
“Credit has to go to them. They worked ever so hard in the second half and got in behind the Warriors defence much more,” said Kean in a post match conference after the win.
“Obviously they had to once the first goal got in and pushed the fullbacks on a little bit.
“Azwan Ali (Rahman) and Sergio got behind fullbacks much better, and really, Wardun didn’t have that much to do,” he added.
“It was mostly us in the second half and it was good to have a young Amin (Aminuddin Zakwan Tahir) to come on with a good penetrating run and cut it back for Paulo to score.
“Overall it was a nice steady performance,” continued the Scotsman.

The Warriors came out with intent but it was DPMM FC who came closer to opening the scoring in the eighth minute after Ramazotti nodded down for Sergio to split two defenders — but Kento Fukuda made a timely challenge to put the ball out.
The Brunei side went forward again in the 11th minute after Azwan Ali got into the box before pulling back for Maududi Hilmi Kasmi, but the latter couldn’t put enough on his shot to trouble Warriors goalkeeper Yazid Yasin.
The visitors were on target in the 19th minute with Hafiz Nor firing from inside the box but only straight to DPMM FC custodian Wardun Yussof.

DPMM FC broke the deadlock in the 26th minute off a counter attack after Azwan Ali’s shot was poked home by Zulfadli.
Wardun was given his first test three minutes later with Shaiful Esah blasting his free-kick on goal, but the former was to his equal.
Azwan Ali delivered a free-kick from the right to the far post but Brian McLean headed just wide in the 33rd minute.
Warriors really only threatened on set pieces as they were not getting good runs at the back with French striker Jonathan Behe missing through injury and Croatian forward Nikola Rak serving a one game suspension.

Shaiful Esah came close and just missed the target in the 43rd minute as his free-kick from the edge of the box sailed inches over the bar.

DPMM FC should have doubled their lead just before the half-time whistle.
Azwan Ali was sent through on goal on the left but he unselfishly passed the ball to Sergio in the middle, instead of firing at goal, resulting in Yazid coming out to close down the shot.
The Warriors let an opportunity slip in the 53rd minute after Marijan Suto got a free header off a Shaiful Esah free-kick but he couldn’t place it on target.
Hafiz Rahim made a good run down the right three minutes but could only fire at the side netting.
It was all DPMM FC after that as Sergio fired a free-kick from 20 yards on goal on the hour mark but was punched away by Yazid.
The Portuguese forward came close again two minutes later but he blasted his effort from inside the box against the right post.

DPMM FC finally doubled their lead the next minute after Ramazotti headed home Azwan Ali’s corner.
The Warriors simply couldn’t piece things together as Wardun was left with not much to do in between the DPMM FC sticks.
Azwan Ali continued to torment the Warriors back line as he made his way into the box before shooting at goal in the 83rd minute but his effort was kept out by Yazid.
Ramazotti should have got his second of the game in added time but his attempt from 12 yards out was denied by 37-year-old veteran Yazid — the only remaining player from the S-League’s debut season in 1996 who is still lacing up in the competition.
Substitute Aminuddin Zakwan Tahir then made a good penetrating run against the Warriors defence before cutting it back for Sergio in the middle to fire home to complete the convincing victory.
The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment