23 March 2017

Press Release- Serbian centreback, Zeljko Savic joins S-League club, Brunei DPMM FC for 2017 Season

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that our client, Zeljko Savic (see CV attached) has signed with S-League side, Brunei DPMM Football Club till the end of June 2017 as a replacement for Francois Marque.

This is the 29-year-old Serbian’s first venture into Asia and he is thrilled to have earned a contract with the Sultanate’s only professional club.

"I am delighted to be in Asia and even prouder to be a player of the best club in the S-League- Brunei DPMM FC. When my intermediary, Trebol Sports International informed me of the opportunity, I quickly spoke to some friends who have already played in Asia. They told me about the lifestyle in Asia and of course, all the positive stuff about DPMM FC. I immediately informed my intermediary that I am on standby to leave anytime.”

When the former PS Kemi centreback had his first training session, he knew he had joined the right club.
The other 2 foreign players in the team had gone through pre-season and team bonding activities so I was afraid that it would be difficult for me to adapt. However, the players, coaches and management made me feel so comfortable and welcome that it was as if I had joined before the season had started.”
Besides playing in his native Serbia, Zeljko had carved out a promising career in Finland where he helped SJK Seinäjoki capture their maiden Finnish Veikkausliiga (top division) title in 2015 and the League Cup a year before. He hopes that this experience will prove invaluable this season.
I am very impressed by the work rate of my teammates during training as everyone will fight for every ball until the last minute. This desire to win is very important and I happen to be of the same breed. I will fight and give my best in every training session and every game. The club has entrusted me to provide leadership and guidance to the defence and they can be assured that I will do a good job. I want to help DPMM finish in the top 3 positions of the League because it deserves to be.” 
Team Manager, Ali Momin laid down the club’s expectations of the Serbian.
We hope Zeljko can motivate our local players in every game and help our defence concede lesser goals this season.”
The 1.87m tall stopper welcomes the pressure of leading the team with the other 2 imports, despite coming from a League with a different playing style.
I must admit that the football played here is different from Finland’s. It is more direct football over here and all players are always looking to push forward to exact more danger on the opposition's goal. In Europe, I have played many big games and they come with a lot of tension, pressure and expectations.
Fortunately, I thrive on these factors because this is what makes football the best job in the world.
We must also not forget that we are incredibly privileged to work under the tutelage of Steve Kean. He has so much to impart and share and I am looking forward to working with him on the pitch every day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment