26 December 2009

Over in just 10 minutes

BRUNEI SHELL FT and NBT FC are in danger of relegation after losing their matches against AH United and Indera FC respectively in the DSTGroup Brunei Premier League 1 (BPL I) last night.

The match between AH United and Brunei Shell which took place at Balapan Track and Field in Berakas saw AH United edge past their opponents 4-2.

It started off brightly for both teams with chances flowing freely.

Brunei Shell literally lost the match after a crazy 10 minutes, conceding three goals after their defence went to sleep.

The first goal came in the 28th minute when ex-DPMM FC skipper Ak Sallehuddin Pg Hj Damit lobbed a high ball to captain Hairoddin Abdullah, who controlled well before shooting past Brunei Shell goalkeeper Md Faidhiren Yahya.

Six minutes later, Md Nazirul Nazreen Abdullah threaded a through ball to Md Azril Md Ali, whose speed easily brought him past the Brunei Shell defenders, scoring the second goal with a right-footed effort.

Md Nazirul turned from provider to scorer four minutes later when he blitzed past defenders on the left and took a shot which beat Md Faidhiren at his near post.

The first half ended with AH United having a comfortable three-goal advantage.

Brunei Shell were determined to assert themselves back into the game right from kick-off in the second half while AH United were starting to look complacent.

The pressure from Brunei Shell paid off in the 62nd minute when Ak Muhd Shazwan Pg Yussof delivered a cross into the box for Ak Md Sallehuddin Pg Hj Idris to loop the ball over AH United goalkeeper Ak Ahmad Fitri Pg Momin into the net.

AH United's Ak Sallehuddin then earned himself a yellow card in the 64th minute with a harsh tackle on the goalscorer.

A substitution was made by AH United as Muhd Maududi Hilmi Kasmi was replaced by Ahmad Mumtaz Hj Johor.

Brunei Shell got their second goal of the night when a miscommunication between AH United goalkeeper Ak Ahmad and his defender was taken advantage of by Md Ezhar Sarbini, who only had to tap the ball in as Ak Ahmad stood dumbstruck as the ball rolled slowly into the net.

AH United made another substitution as Ak Sallehuddin made way for Adi Masul Hj Sulaiman.

The introduction of fresh legs paid off in the 80th minute when Ak Asrul Asydnee Pg Sahdon drew the Brunei Shell defenders and goalkeeper Md Faidhiren to the right before squaring the ball to substitute Ahmad Mumtaz to slot it into an open net.

The proceedings got a little ugly near the end as Brunei Shell's Md Abd Hafiq and AH United's Adi Masul got yellow carded in the 86th and 88th minute respectively. Adi Masul got his card for a sliding tackle on Brunei Shell's Mohd Fakhrullah Hj Md Azanie, who had to be stretchered off the field.

The day's other match at the Berakas Sports Complex saw Indera FC beat NBT FC 2-0.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment