06 September 2014

Indera SC repeat as champs

Wednesday, September 3, 2014
INDERA SC successfully defended their DST Super League title with two games left to play after a 7-1 thrashing of QAF FC last night.
The champions remain unbeaten in the competition on 40 points from 13 wins and one draw to their name. They will play Najip FC on Sunday and the Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council (MS ABDB) next Saturday.
It was all Indera right from kickoff as QAF were struggling to match their speed at the Balapan Track and Field of the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas.
Indera broke the deadlock in the 10th minute after Hamizan Aziz Sulaiman found an unmarked Muhd Nur Ikhwan Othman inside the box.
The latter had his first attempt blocked by a QAF defender but fired the rebound into the top left corner.
The lead was doubled just two minutes later after Abd Khair Hj Basri outpaced the QAF backline to blast the ball into the net.
QAF got back in the game in the 15th minute after Hardi Bujang received a through-ball down the middle to slot the ball past Indera custodian Mohd Fakhrul Zulhazmi Yussof.
They threatened again two minutes later but Reduan Hj Petara made a crucial tackle before Hardi could unleash his shot from inside the box.
Indera got their third of the game in the 23rd minute after a good ball over the top was received by Mohd Khayrun Salleh.
QAF goalkeeper Junaidi Akim came off his line to try and close him down but the latter rounded him to put the ball into the empty net.
Indera required an acrobatic save by Mohd Fakhrul to prevent Mohd Hardyman Abdul Lamit from scoring from 25 yards out in the 29th minute.
Indera scored immediately on the other end after Junaidi raced off his line to clear the goalkick only to miss his target, passing it to Hamizan Aziz, who would dribble the ball into an empty net.
Hazmizan struck again five minutes later for his second goal of the game, bringing the scoreline to 5-1.
Defender Reduan played striker in the 41st minute as he outpaced the QAF backline to bulge the net from the edge of the box to carry a 6-1 advantage into halftime.
Indera were more laid back after the interval but still got plenty of chances.
The scoreline could have been larger had it not been for Junaidi producing some good saves in between the QAF sticks.
QAF could have scored another in the 71st minute after Mohd Adie Arsham Mohd Saleh headed Hardi’s cross from the right.
However, Mohd Fakhrul did enough to see the ball bounce off the crossbar.
Indera almost added to their tally two minutes later but Md Khairul Anwar Abd Rahim saw his freekick from just outside the box denied by the woodwork.
Hamizan Aziz would score his hat-trick after toying with QAF’s defence before firing home from inside the box for in the 90th minute.

The Brunei Times

1 comment: