23 July 2015

Home hold DPMM FC

Thursday, July 23, 2015
DPMM FC kicked off the second round of the Singapore League (S-League) with a 0-0 stalemate against Home United FC last night.
The Brunei side could have taken the three points but couldn’t find a way past the Protectors’ shotstopper Shahril Jantan, who produced key saves to ensure both teams share the spoils in the matchup.
It was a slow start for both sides but it was Home who managed to switch gears first at the Yishun Stadium in Singapore.
Home United had pleas for a penalty turned down after DPMM FC goalkeeper Wardun Yussof caught Ken Ilso inside the box in the 24th minute.
Home almost broke the deadlock in the 28th minute after Abdil Qayyim got at the end of a freekick and headed the ball towards goal but DPMM FC sweeper Boris Raspudic came to the rescue of to head the ball over at the line. DPMM FC had a good chance three minutes later after a ball by Md Hendra Azam Md Idris was met by Maududi Hilmi Kasmi at the far post but Shahril did well to keep the ball out.
Home improved on their passing game at the start of the second half and almost found the back of the net just two minutes after the interval but Ilso got his shot blocked by Raspudic.
In the 52nd minute, Kamel Ramdani got at the end of a cross from the right but Wardun did well at the near post to deny him.
DPMM FC thought they had taken the lead in the 63rd minute after Ramazotti had his initial header saved by Shahril before Sergio scored on the rebound only to be flagged offside.
Home were given a let off just moments later with no penalty given after Sergio was brought down by Abdil inside the box.
The visitors got forward again in the 69th minute with Sairol Hj Sahari delivering a good cross from the left but Ramazotti’s side footed shot ended at the wrong side of the left post.
Shahril produced another stop three minutes later to deny Ramazzoti’s effort from inside the box.
Good piece of skill by the Brazilian to shift from the right to left foot to fire a low shot from the edge of the box in the 81st minute but the ball goes just wide of the post.
At the other end, Song Uiyong got into the box in the 85th minute but his attempt sailed over the bar.
The Protectors had a good opportunity to steal all three points in the 88th minute with Ilso putting a freekick from 35 yards into the box but Abdil headed it over at the far post.
DPMM FC remain third in the 10-team table with 20 points from 10 games while Home stay in sixth position on 14 points.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment