28 March 2016

Indera-Kasuka match abandoned

Monday, March 28, 2016

THE Brunei DST Super League match between former two-time champions Indera Sports Club (SC) and newly-promoted Kasuka FC was abandoned due to a heated argument between the two teams yesterday.
The incident occurred just two minutes before the half-time whistle blew when Kasuka’s Afindi Yati Tuah laid on the pitch at the Berakas Sports Complex after being challenged by Indera’s Sahrin Momin.
The referee then approached the two players and sent off a different Indera player, Hardi Bujang – the decision sparked heated exchanges between the players and match officials.
Sahrin, who was left dissatisfied with the referee’s decision tried to make his way to the referee in rage.
However, he was then pulled away and restrained by Afindi’s fellow teammate, Pg Shahruddin Pg Hj Md Tejuddin.
Frustrations between the two teams loomed and the incident then provoked a disruption amongst Indera’s supporters who called for proper decision from the match officials.
The decision to call off the match was then made by the referee who was concerned of his and other match officials' safety, 15 minutes after both teams were led back into their respective changing rooms.
National Football Association of Brunei Darussalam (NFABD) has confirmed that the match will be rescheduled in due time and the incident will be under investigation by the governing body’s tournament department.
Meanwhile, the other DST Super League match saw Wijaya FC beat The Royal Brunei Police Force Sports Council (MS PDB) 2-0 at the Balapan Track and Field of the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas.
Early goal from Ak Anaqi Sufi Pg Omar Baki in the 10th minute and second half goal from Shah Azahar Abdullah sealed Wijaya’s first win of the season.
Lun Bawang fell 3-1 against Tabuan Muda Under-21 (national under-21 team) in another DST Super League match held in Batu Apoi Sports Complex, Temburong.
Goals from Nursyazwan Halidi and Abd Afiq Roslan in the first half sealed Tabuan’s first three points of the season.
Lun Bawang’s Amir Bujang pulled one back in the 60th minute, before Tabuan Muda’s Abd Khair Hj Basri scored four minutes later.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment