05 May 2018

DPMM FC recover from two goals down

|     Fadhil Yunus     |

DPMM FC denied Warriors FC their first win of the season in the Singapore Premier League after recovering from two goals down to draw 2-2 at the Choa Chu Kang Stadium in Singapore last night.
Warriors, who were in search of their first league victory, scored in succession as a goal each from Kento Fukuda and Sahil Suhaimi was separated only by a minute from each other.
The visitors were awarded a penalty in the 35th minute as Volodymyr Pryyomov reduced the deficit for his fifth goal of the season.
The in-form Ukrainian found his second goal of the game to consolidate his position at the top of the scoring charts with six goals to his name.
The result cemented the ‘Gegar Gegar’ men in fourth place with seven points, eight points off the pace of league leaders Albirex Niigata (S), who had played a game more.
Suria Prakash, who came through the professional ranks of Balestier Khalsa, was one of the focal men in attack and his skillful touches drew DPMM FC players into committing a foul.
From the ensuing free-kick, Warriors striker Jonathan Behe, who was installed to the starting line-up could not get a header as DPMM FC put the ball to safety.
Sahil had quite an eventful half after getting himself in the books on top of scoring a goal and providing an assist after denying Mojtaba Esmaielzadeh the opportunity to break away.
DPMM FC forward Volodymyr made a lovely turn and pulled a good strike but it was a good height for Warriors goalkeeper to make the save.
The front three combined well with Adi Said the centre of their promising attacking play but Mojtaba blazed wide after he was unsettled by a Warriors defender.
Sahil shifted with the ball with his right leg enabling the DPMM FC defence to close him down and were unable to get the right shot away.
The counterattack nearly caught Warriors out cold after they stole possession as Volodymyr teed off his teammate but was crowded out by the hosts.
DPMM FC midfielder Azwan Salleh cushioned a header for Volodymyr who was closely marked before Azwan Ali Rahman fired the ball wide after arriving in time for the shot.
Adi Said was in a heap after Daniel Shafiq went in for a strong challenge as the Bruneian forward walked gingerly into the box.
Warriors conceded a soft free kick in promising area as Poh Yi Feng tugged Mojtaba’s shirt.
It was no surprise with the designated free-kick taker as Volodymyr, who already scored from a set-piece, struck a rasping drive which goalkeeper pushed the ball away to safety.
DPMM FC took a quick throw as the front unit combined but unfortunately one of the attackers could not find a touch to guide the ball into goal.
It was bad news for Kento Fukuda who suffered an injury setback and was stretchered off the field with Hafiz Sulaiman coming on as his replacement.
With the visitors dictating the tempo of the match, Behe did his defensive duties with a strong header as the hosts got the ball out of their half.
Warriors were closing ranks well and looking the runs of Behe who worked tirelessly on his own upfront.
However, the forward made a silly foul and invited more pressure for DPMM FC as they continued to build play though they had not been able to get things right in the final third.
Warriors had a respite after Hendra Azam switched play to Adi Said who was in an offside position. The home side had been living dangerously giving the ball away but DPMM FC were not able to capitalize from their mistakes.
With Warriors threatening a fast counter, Abdul Aziz Tamit demonstrated his reading abilities after coming first to the ball and putting the ball out for a throw.
Volodymyr punished the Warriors after he was allowed space and time to power the ball home after being set up by Adi Said.
Helmi Zambin tested goalkeeper Fashah Iskandar with a firm strike from outside the box but it landed straight at his arms.
Azwan Ali dinked the ball forward as Volodymyr sent his header wide in a quick build-up which also involved Helmi Zambin and Adi Said.
Helmi Zambin was given a final warning by the referee after downing Suria who showed nifty footwork.
Shamil Sharif’s free-kick then rattled against the woodwork with Haimie Anak Nyaring in full stretch.
Behe initiated a good team move with a neat touch allowing Ho Wai Loon through before switching the ball to Firdaus Kasman who crossed into the middle only for the visitors to diffuse the threat with a defensive header.
Warriors had a good chance after a player flicked the ball in the near post wide following another decent delivery by Shamil Sharif.
Behe evaded the challenges of Abdul Aziz and Brian McLean before firing his shot wide before creating another chance for himself though it was a weaker shot.
Suria delivered a ball into the far post but it was not a desired finish for his teammate who attempted an ambitious acrobatic kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment