07 April 2015

Sergio special on debut gives DPMM FC win

Sunday, April 5, 2015

A PAULO Sergio double on his DPMM FC debut paved the way for a 3-2 comeback victory over Hougang United FC in the Singapore League (S-League) last night.
The win at the Hougang Stadium in Singapore sees DPMM FC stay unbeaten and move to the top of the 10-team table with 10 points from four matches.
The duo of Albirex Niigata (S) FC and Tampines Rovers FC are just a point back but have played a game more.
According to the updates on the S-League Twitter page, it was a disastrous start for the visitors after Kunihiro Yamashita headed home Shunsuke Nakatake’s freekick in the opening minute. Sergio opened his account for DPMM FC with the equalliser in the 13th minute.
Hougang got a chance in the 18th minute after Francisco Ela put Fareez Farhan through but he fired wide having only DPMM FC shotstopper Wardun Yussof to beat.
At the other end, Sergio notched his brace the next minute to put the visitors in front.
Rafael Ramazotti, who was named March’s S-League Player Of the Month earlier in the day, struck a powerful effort at goal but Hougang custodian Ridhuan Barudin was up to the task to parry his attempt in the 26th minute.
The pace of the match was slowed down with DPMM FC taking a more cautious approach after taking the lead.
The Brunei side gained a two-goal cushion after defender Brian McLean rose highest to head home Najib Hj Tarif’s cross in the 57th minute.
Ramazotti had a chance to add to the tally but watched his header off the target in the 71st minute.
Hougang were given a lifeline after Ela curled a ball from the edge of the box into the top corner in the 87th minute to make it 3-2.
He troubled again the next minute but could only steer a header straight to Wardun seeing DPMM FC claim all three points from the encounter.
The other match saw Balestier Khalsa FC ease past the Young Lions (Singapore national under-23 football team) 5-1 at the Toa Payoh Stadium in Singapore.
Fadhil Noh broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute before Emir Lotinac doubled the Tigers lead one minute before halftime.
A brace by Miroslav Kristic in the 68th and 74th minutes put the game beyond doubt.
Balestier were not done yet as Tarik Cmajcanin got his name on the scoresheet in the 79th minute before Iqbal Hamid Hussain netted a consolation for the Young Lions four minutes from time.
The competition continues today with Home United FC up against defending champions Warriors FC at the Yishun Stadium in Singapore.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment