12 December 2011

QAF FC in easy win over BSRC

Dennis Lim

Monday, December 12, 2011

A BRACE from QAF FC's captain helped lifted their team to a 3-1 win over Brunei Shell Recreation Club (BSRC) in the DST National league Group B tie at the Stadium Kebajikan Berakas Sports Complex yesterday.

QAF FC's Riwandi Wahit hit the back of the net twice in the game while teammate Muhammad Hafis Mahari pitched in one goal to cement their win.

BSRC's Junaidi Brahim added a consolation goal very late on in the game.

The opening chances of the match came from two BSRC free-kicks. Their players managed to win their spot-kick opportunity in the same 25-yard distance on the left side of the QAF FC half.

A wasted first chance prepped Junaidi to take the second with precaution. The second try came in the form of a sneaky pass to free-up space for Muhammad Muhaimin Mappy; unfortunately, his shot hit the side netting.

QAF FC's Mardi Mirza Abdullah Bujang also had another chance just a few moments later. He curled a right-footed 21-yard free-kick only to be beaten by the woodwork.

The QAF FC offensive pressure was too hard to contain as Riwandi snatched a late first-half goal to let his team lead. A slow build-up in BSRC's penalty bow saw Ratano Hj Tuah cross in the ball from the right to Riwandi, who managed to take his time to control the ball surrounded by BSRC players, finishing with a good right-foot strike to send the ball to the left corner in the 44th minute.

After the half-time break, a penalty was awarded to QAF FC in the 48th minute. A calm finish from Riwandi sent Mohd Sahrizal diving low to his right, only to fail and watch the ball went in goal.

From the second goal onwards BSRC simply could not find a reply to their opponent's strong attempts. QAF FC toyed with their counterparts as the game slowed down to walking pace.

QAF FC had many chances against a frail BSRC but their inability to score the goal just delayed the coming of the third.

Md Ali Hj Mustafa, the coach of QAF FC told the Press in a post match interview, "We still have more work to do after our first game. The second goal was surprisingly given to us and we just need more training sessions as we haven't had a proper training session yet."

In the other match, Sangsura FC defeated Perda 8-2 in their Group C clash.The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment