05 April 2012

DST FT move into fourth with Tunas FC win

Ak Fauzi Pg Salleh

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DST FT defeated Tunas FC 1-0 last night to steal fourth in Group B of the DST National Football League 2012 in a lively mid-table clash.

Though they were left chasing the ball for most of the 90 minutes at the Balapan Track and Field in Berakas, DST FT would eventually break the defences of Tunas FC and now enjoy a three-point lead over them in the standings.

DST FT have collected 6 points from 4 games, leaving Tunas FC fifth in the 8-team table with 4 points.

Assistant manager Ampuan Shahmali Ampuan Hj Said was very happy with the win and highlighted the importance of teamwork in the game.

"It was a balanced game with both teams creating chances in the first half," said the assistant manager.

"Before the second half started, I gave the players a little bit of team talk and they started playing well afterwards.

"It was a long break for the players, (due to the Hassanal Bolkiah Trophy) most of them are not 100 per cent fit, but I can see that they went out there to win the game and play as a team," he added.

The game started off with Tunas FC enjoying a majority of the possession in the first 10 minutes but there were no real chances created.

Neither goalkeeper was tested until the 12th when DST FT's Sadilah Samail fired wide after a great through ball from Md Sharif Hj Hamzah.

DST FT should have been infront as early as the 20th minute when midfielder Mohd Ros'adly Hj Rosli saw his long range attempt from some 40 metres hit the crossbar.

The second half started with Tunas FC trying to assert dominance on the match, but rigid defending from DST FT prevented Tunas FC from breaking their defensive line.

Md Yusuf Tuah finally broke the deadlock in the 65th minute when his shot deflected of the goalkeeper before bouncing into the net.

Caught under pressure, Tunas FC overloaded on their attack in the final ten minutes of the game, but luck was not on their side. They relinquished a golden opportunity to equalise in the dying minutes of the game when Md Azril Md Ali sent the ball flying above the goal.The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment