22 November 2014

‘I’m excited to play abroad’

Friday, November 21, 2014

SHAHRAZEN Said is all pumped up at the prospect of playing under former DPMM FC coach Vjeran Simunic once again.
It was reported on the DPMM FC’s website on Wednesday that Perak has listed Shahrazen as their Asian import player for the 2015 season.
Shahrazen has yet to put pen on paper but if he does, he will officially be the first Bruneian professional footballer to play outside of the Sultanate.
The 28-year-old is enjoying his time in Malaysia and thanked Simunic for putting his faith in the national striker.
“I’m surprised (by the listing) and I didn’t expect that he (Simunic) trusts me so much. But he is a professional coach and he knows what he is doing,” said Shahrazen in an interview with The Brunei Times yesterday.
“I’m doing it for myself, my wife, kids, family and country. I hope that I’ll be able to achieve something for Perak in the (Malaysian) Super League,” he added.
It comes as no surprise that Simunic is interested in the services of the forward considering that he was a regular on the starting 11 during the Croatian’s time in the Sultanate.
Asked on his experience in Perak since his arrival on Sunday, Shahrazen replied: “It is alright but I’m still not used to playing with the other players yet.
“There are a lot of imports here on trial… from France, England and three Koreans,” he added.
“I’m happy and excited to play outside since I’m the first Bruneian to trial abroad,” continued Shahrazen.
He also thanked his former club for allowing him to get to where he is now.
“I would also like to thank DPMM for all the years… giving me a chance to play at the club,” said the striker.
“Otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to go this far.”
The striker is no stranger to Malaysian football, having first laced up for DPMM FC in the 2005/06 Malaysia Premier League season.
He went on to score 21 goals to finish joint topscorer after the club got promoted to the Super League the next season.
Shahrazen saw less game time for Brunei’s only professional team after the arrival of head coach Steve Kean last season, playing as a fourth choice behind Rodrigo Tosi, Roy O’Donovan and younger brother Adi.
He made 15 appearances – two starts – for DPMM FC last season in the Singapore League and found the back of the net twice.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment