06 December 2012

Indera FC set up title showdown with MS ABDB

Thursday, December 6, 2012
INDERA FC booked their berth in the final of the DST Brunei FA Cup after a pulsating 5-3 penalty shootout win over Royal Brunei Police Forces Sports Council (MS PDB) at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas last night.

Indera FC goalkeeper Ak Omar Nur Aqammadin saved Rokiman Kisut penalty after the semi-final had been locked at 2-2 in the extra time.

The victory set up Indera FC against the Royal Brunei Armed Forces (MS ABDB), who beat IKLS FC 3-1, at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas on December 10.

"We were a bit lucky tonight. I was worried when the game went into a penalty shoot-out. MS PDB played very well tonight, they defended very well. We want to finish the game off within 90 minutes, there were a lot of chances but the players were very wasteful tonight," said Indera FC Manager Rosdin Hj Abdul Aziz after the victory.

"We made careless mistakes in the game. We should have protected the 2-0 lead in the game. The players' moods were down in the first half. We tried to give them some motivation during the half-time break.

"We will play MS ABDB in the final. The advantage is on them. They are very fit and they have the training facilities to train everyday while we are not. However, we will try our best to beat them in the final," he added.

Indera FC opened the scoring early in the first minute when Muhammad Hamizan Abdul Aziz scored from inside the penalty box in what was their first attack of the game. Mohammad Khayrun Salleh then made it 2-0 three minutes later.

MS PDB replied in the 15th minutes when Mohammad Zulkhairie scored from 30 metres out to beat Indera FC goalkeeper. Mohd Fazizul Hussin then equalised in the 33th minute for the policemen.

However, it was one-way traffic from then on as Indera FC pressed forward in search of the winning goal.

The best chance of the second-half fell to Azwan Ali Rahman in the 57th minute but his attempt was turned onto the post by an alert MS PDB goalkeeper Mohd Khairol Amin.

Indera FC missed a number goal-scoring chances in the second-half and the match ended 2-2 after 90 minutes.

In the extra time, both teams went at each other in pulsating end-to-end action with fierce tackles and plenty of goalmouth action before the penalty shoot-out.

Indera FC could have won the match in the last minute of extra time but defender Reduan Hj Petara sent the ball over the bar after a free header following a corner-kick.

The Brunei Times 

No comments:

Post a Comment