25 December 2012

Ten-man LLRC FT outdo Kilanas FC to top standing DST SUPER LEAGUE

Tuesday, December 25, 2012
A TEN-MAN Liang Lumut Recreational Club Football Team (LLRC FT) overcame a controversial second-half send-off to secure a 3-0 victory over Kilanas FC in the DST Super League at the Balapan Track and Field at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas last night.

LLRC FT, already without defender Mohd Hafizan Hasnal and playmaker Amy Amizan Gudang through injuries, looked in for a tough night after striker Mohd Shah Hafiz Kifli was shown a red card just 18 minutes into the second-half. Mohd Shah Hafiz was sent-off after appearing to elbow defender Ak Mohd Tajuddin Pg Sulaiman.

"Mohd Shah Hafiz is not that kind of player, he has never been yellow carded before and he is a very clean player with big potential. I do not want to comment on the red card as I am very happy with three points today," said LLRC FT head-coach Hj Affendi Hj Julaihi in an interview with The Brunei Times after the match.

"It was a great team effort, the players worked together to defend and looking for the second goal to finish the game. The midfield area is still a bit loose and we need to work on that as we will be facing one of the strongest team in the league, Indera SC, next. It is going to be tough, but we are up for the challenge," he added.

However, Kilanas FC failed to make their numerical advantage count after missing out several chances in the second-half.

Mohd Nurhidayatullah Hj Zaini fired a free-kick just wide and Naasiruddeen Abdul Wahab came nearest to score for Kilanas FC when his close range header was brilliantly tipped over the bar by LLRC FT goalkeeper Mohammad Faisal Hashim.

LLRC FT had gone close early in the first-half when Mohammad Amirul Jafrey Norshaney and Safuan Juhar combined to set up Mohammad Shah Hafiz shot that was cleared off the line by Kilanas FC's defender Abdul Qahar Ibrahim.

They finally found the net few minutes later in the 20th minute when LLRC FT's Ak Mohd Azrul Ariffin Pg Matussin slipping the ball to Safuan whose cross to the far post was easily tapped in by Mohd Hakeem Keri.

Second-half saw Kilanas FC struggling to get back on term as LLRC FT, who displayed a determination with an assured passing game, showed why they are now at the top of the table.

Kilanas FC found themselves 2-0 down in the 67th minute when Safuan scored from inside the penalty box latching onto a great pass from Mohammad Amirul Jafrey.

Nur Hazwan Khan Asmah Khan then went on to score the third by beating the offside trap before blasting the ball past the goalkeeper in 84th minute to seal the victory for LLRC FT.

LLRC FT are now sitting at the top of the table with six points. Second-placed Jerudong FC are level on four points with DST FA Cup runners-up Indera SC but ahead on goal difference. Meanwhile Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council sits on the fourth place with three points.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment